Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

rustic chicken pasta bake


Paul and I make our own tomato sauce all the time - in fact, we've never purchased tomato sauce before and we have bought pesto sauce, but mainly because fresh basil is expensive and for some reason, basil is the only plant that refuses to grow in our garden. We have never, however, purchased or made rosee sauce. I've ordered pasta with rosee sauce in restaurants, but we've never had it at home.

Maison Le Grand recently sent me some samples of their sauces, including their new collection of rosee sauces, to create some recipes with. I didn't want to use them to make normal pasta dishes with (ie. make regular pasta, cover with sauce), so Paul and I brainstormed some more interesting dishes.


One pasta dish that I always want to make more often is a pasta bake (or skillet bake), so the first recipe we tried used Maison Le Grand's Rustic Rosee Tomato Sauce.

rustic chicken pasta bake 
printer-friendly version

ingredients:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 small onion, diced
2 cups penne pasta, cooked to just before al dente and drained
1 vine-ripened tomato, cubed
300 ml (1 package) Maison Le Grand Rustic Rosee Sauce with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Onions and Roasted Red Peppers
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


directions:
  1. In a large frying pan or skillet, cook the chicken on medium-high heat for 5 minutes (use a few drops of vegetable oil if not using a non-stick pan).
  2. Add onions to the pan and continue cooking  for another 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
  3. Add the pasta and rosee sauce to the pan, stirring to make sure everything is well mixed and coated in the sauce. Cover and simmer on medium-low until sauce is heated through.
  4. Top with cheese and cover. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yields: 2 large servings



Disclosure: I was provided with samples of Maison Le Grand sauces so I could develop this recipe. However, all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!