Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

the best laid plans...

I had big baking plans going into the Easter weekend - I had four days off and during that time I was determined to dye some Easter eggs! Bake Easter-themed cupcakes! Make another attempt at macarons! Do something with marshmallow Peeps!

And then I got sick. Not "a-few-sniffles" sick, but "moaning-in-bed, will-the-pain-never-stop, taking-6-hour-naps" sick. Okay, that's probably being a little overdramatic, but two things were true - I am taking naps that last over three hours (which is always a sign that I'm sick since I never nap otherwise) and food is the furthest thing from my mind.

The only thing I did manage to check off my Easter to-do list was the macarons. Luckily, I had made the shells (and fillings) on Friday afternoon before I fell ill, so I only had to assemble them yesterday morning (which, by the way, left me exhausted and in need of a nap - yeesh!) They weren't as good as my second attempt earlier this month, but it's still a work in progress!

So, unfortunately, I don't have any fun Easter recipes to share with everyone, although I do have these pretty, spring-coloured macarons (vanilla shells filled with either Nutella-ganache or lemon buttercream) to show off. You can see by the tiny, lopsided feet, that these were definitely not my best effort. But they do taste pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Thes look lovely! I really must try making macaron sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!