Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

trying out summer fresh sauces

A couple of weeks ago, I was among a group of Canadian bloggers chosen by Summer Fresh Salads to try out their new Fresh Sauces! I was pretty excited to get my hands on these sauces and start cooking with them in the kitchen - what fun!


The new line of products consists of five new flavours:
  • 3 Peppercorn: a traditional peppercorn sauce made with a blend of three peppercorn varieties and real Burgundy red wine
  • Butter Chicken: a rich and buttery Indian sauce made with stewed tomatoes, real cream and ginger
  • Cranberry Madeira: authentic Portuguese Madeira sweet wine expertly blended with whole cranberries and traditional spices
  • Mushroom Marsala: a traditional marsala sauce made with a blend of Cremini, Porcini and button mushrooms
  • Thai Curry: an authentic Thai sauce made with fresh coconut milk, lemongrass and spicy chili peppers
At a quick glance, some of the points I already love about these sauces:

  • they're versatile - you can use them as marinades, stir-fry sauces, finishing sauces or to cook with
  • they're time-savers - instead of spending time creating a sauce, on busier days, these sauces can be a real help in the kitchen
  • there's no artificial preservatives, colours or flavours
  • it's a Canadian company - I love supporting home-grown, and Summer Fresh is located in Woodbridge, Ontario.
The challenge from Summer Fresh? Come up with a recipe using each sauce and after brainstorming with Paul, we've already come up with a list of what we're going to make with each sauce. I can't wait to start cooking and sharing the recipes with you!

Visit their website to learn more about Summer Fresh Sauces!

Disclosure: I was provided with product samples from Summer Fresh for this post series. However, all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!