Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

taking the 50 book pledge in 2013

I've always been an avid reader, but it gets harder the older I get - there just doesn't seem to be enough time in my day to sit down and read. But, as the new year began, I noticed the hashtag #50bookpledge on Twitter and decided that I would make a conscious effort to read more books...and not just cookbooks either!

Reading 50 books is a huge goal - that's almost a book a week. It also doesn't help that the first book that I chose is over 800 pages long!

So, for the rest of the year, I'll be tracking what I'm reading here on the blog (see the new tab I added above!). Some of these books will be old favourites that I'm re-reading again, but others will be brand new.

I know a lot of my Twitter and blog friends are also taking the pledge, so I'd love to know what you're reading! Even if you're not taking the pledge, do you have any books to recommend to me? Leave me a comment with your favourite books - I'm always looking for new reads!


3 comments:

  1. What are you currently reading? I'm trying to read Les Miserables and also re-reading (never finished it the first time) Peter F Hamilton's The Night's Dawn Trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph!

    I don't feel like tackling Les Miz right now, but will look at Hamilton's trilogy. To see what I'm currently reading and what I've accomplished so far (haha, nothing), check the 50 Book Pledge tab at the top of the page (or the button on the side bar!)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great challenge. I've finished two books so far this year! I just finished Swamplandia! which I thought was pretty good. Good luck on your challenge. I'll be checking in to see if you have any good recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!