Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

mmm...burgers

If there's one meal that Paul and I love, it's hamburgers. Especially Paul - he really loves his burgers!

During the summer, we tend to have burgers a lot since the BBQ is in use at least two times a week. Plus, this year Paul has been whipping up his own homemade burgers instead of the frozen ones we used to buy. I LOVE the way Paul's burgers come out - they're always meaty and juicy - just the way I want a burger to be. Mmm, I'm getting hungry just writing this blog post!


As a Canadian Beef Brand Ambassador, we've been having even more hamburgers than usual and in the past two weeks, we've made burgers three times! Our favourite toppings are the basics: thick slices of cheese (we tend to throw a variety on there), ketchup and mustard (one of the many from Paul's growing collection).


Paul is still "perfecting" his burger recipe and I'll be sure to share it on this blog once he gives it his seal of approval. In the meantime, I'm having fun taste-testing the trial burgers!


What about you burger fans out there? What's your secret ingredient to the perfect burger?

And speaking of burgers, what's your burger personality? Yes, I said "burger personality"! Turns out I'm a split personality - I'm definitely mostly Old School ("You believe that the classic burgers is sacred. You keep your toppings pristine: ketchup, mustard, a fluffy white bun. Why mess with a good thing?"), but once in a while, I tend to be a little Gourmet ("You can’t eat your burger unless it’s been elevated to the level of Emperor. At your house, Truffle oil, sautéed chanterelle mushrooms, and sundried tomato pesto have taken the place of yellow mustard and good old ketchup. Why use iceberg when you can have Arugula is your motto.")

The Old SchoolThe Gourmet

You can find out your own Burger Personality here (and please come share it with me!)


Disclosure: I am a Canadian Beef Ambassador and have been compensated for this post. However, all opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way by my association with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!